Thursday, October 2, 2008

Anticipation


A couple of days ago, I sent my friend J. an email to thank him and his boyfriend for hosting us this past weekend. My email also included this short paragraph:
On another note, I wanted to apologize personally for the way Nancy Pelosi hurt the Republicans' feelings and scuttled the bailout. Hopefully, they'll get back on track later this week.

J.'s response, in its entirety:
NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE,NANCY PELOSI IS A CUNT

I'm not sure which is more puzzling: a gay Republican, or a college graduate who writes in all caps and has fundamental misapprehensions about punctuation (The language surprises me not at all. J. is a horrible misogynist.). What a world.


I also sent an email to Logan, confirming our play date for this evening. I'm not sure whether Logan is a college graduate. He probably is, but English isn't his first (or probably even his second, now I think about it) language, so I make allowances. Especially given the content:
My back is better but i should not put any strain or pressure to to my back for a week says my doctor, which may make me little passive tomorrow night.
The way I see it, nothing can stop me to spend a night with you.
So I'll see you tomorrow at 9.30


Normally, I roll my eyes a bit when someone tells me that he's "little passive," but, well, a) Logan has always been more than a little passive, and b) he is obviously asking me to dominate him. Logan always has that kid-in-a-candy-shop quality (very refreshing in a fifty-something guy; I suppose he'll lose it over the next couple of years, alas) to him when we're playing, and I'm confident that being fully submissive will only increase his awe. I can hardly wait to watch his eyes light up as I hang his head over the end of the bed and fuck his face. Not that I'll actually be able to see his eyes in that position, but I'll know they're lighting up.


I'm also very psyched about the whole sleeping over thing. As I've mentioned before, it's been quite some time since I've spent the night in bed with anyone other than b&c. It almost feels like I'm cheating. I'm mildly embarrassed to admit that the worst part about having an open relationship is that it's impossible to cheat. By which I really mean that I'm mildly embarrassed to admit that cheating is fun. It's also destructive, of course, and it's much more destructive than it is fun, but it's definitely fun. I'm 100% certain that b&c wouldn't mind that Logan's spending the night, but the fact that I haven't told him gives me a small buzz and heightens the anticipation.


Anticipation is, of course, a double-edged sword, but so far I have regularly tasted the sweetness of pre-coital fantasy and only rarely tasted the bitterness of disappointment. (Double-edged sword, sweetness, bitterness: harmless imagery or egregious mixed metaphor? You be the judge.) And it's hard to see how I'd be disappointed this evening. It's likely that Logan has never spent the full night in another man's bed, so this could be something of a seminal (ahem) experience for him. There are few things that I like as much as rocking another man's world.

No comments: