Saturday, July 21, 2007

Seek and Ye Shall Find

Ah, the missed connections. Why can I not escape your pull? Why do I like staring at train wrecks?

Here, in fairly rapid succession are three ads which illuminate the full value of the missed connections section.

First, a query: a plea, really:

***PLEASE share a good missed connection story!*** - m4m - 28
Reply to: pers-378244755@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-07-20, 1:18PM EDT

we're all amused by reading them, but never get the results! Someone please share a short story about the results. If it's not interesting, please don't bother.

And don't flag any stories - at least not for today!


A response as helpful as the missed connections themselves:

RE: **PLEASE share a good missed connection story!*** - m4m - 28 - w4m - 24
Reply to: pers-378441056@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-07-20, 5:09PM EDT

I was caught unabashedly staring at a very goodlooking man on the metro one morning. He laughed at my obvious oogling. I posted an MC that day- and 15 minutes later he sent me an email! It really worked! I confirmed it was him (after getting a TON of emails from imposters).

Sadly, I think he either a) Had a girlfriend (social networking pics) or b) got scared off by my stalking. I did go a bit overboard (googled, myspaced, etc) and discovered all kinds of info about him, which I mentioned to him. Never heard back! OOps! But hey, I am an investigator, that is what I do to everyone!!! I REFUSE to believe he simply wasn't interested. That's bad for the ego. :)

But, I can attest to the possibility of a (somewhat) successful MC! Keep posting, people!


Keep posting indeed: stalkers are people, too.

Finally, the best response possible:

EARLIER REQUEST FOR A "GOOD" MISSED CONNECTION - m4m
Reply to: pers-378308511@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-07-20, 2:29PM EDT

Well here it is...
I'm not going to give you all the details. As you read on you'll understand why. I was reading the "Missed Connections" section one day (yes, i tend to read them daily as they are really funny sh%t) and happened to come across a posting talking about a particular guy who frequents a certain bar and sings kareoke. The posting went on to say how HOTT this guy was but the "poster" knows that he is to old for him and that he would never give him the time of day. Reading the discription of the "HOTT GUY" he sounded like someone I would be attracted to. So joking one day with a friend I said we have to go to this bar to see this guy (the posting also gave his name). I went and yes I did see him and yes he was HOTT! I talked to him a little that night but nothing. The next week rolled around and my friend said "where are we going tonight? I told him we have to go back there because i had laid the ground work and needed to finsh the job...LOL So we did and needless to say I got what i wanted. :-)

So I dont know if this is what you consider a "Good" missed connection since it really wasnt my missed connection. I do want to give a BIG thank you to original poster. You made my night!!!


Kind of sums it up in a nutshell: you post a missed connection, the guy you like thinks you're crazy, and somebody else gets laid.

No comments: